The Lucky Ones!

It is my belief that we are lucky people; all of us that are alive for the past 30 years and will be around for the next 10, independently of which generation we are.

-We experienced the change of a Century.

Not too many people live in a time frame that allow them to see the changes, fears and hopes that brings the change in digits from one hundred years to the next.

-We experienced the change of a Millennium!

Again, how many people can say they lived the change between a thousand years and the next? How many people can say they experienced the uneasiness generated by the change (positive and negative) and with it have the opportunity to see what it is felt in a moment like that in history? It has happened only once before in the modern calendar!

-We saw the Haley Comet which only visits us every 75-76 years.

Maybe some people could see it twice in their lifetime, but for that they could miss the previous one.

-We had the opportunity to experience one of the biggest technological “jumps” in human history (so far)

In just about 30 years we went from the AM radio set with two knobs to the touch screen in such small devices we can have today; 3D TV systems, the microwave oven, the fridge, air conditioning and of course, the communication possibilities that exist today that didn’t exist just a few years ago, etc

-We are at the edge of discovering our truth about spiritualism.

From the blind beliefs for thousands of years to the reason backed up actual concepts that promote a deeper understanding and joy, together with the more open minds about different possibilities, others than religious doctrines, and the generally accepted open study and comparison of different religions and concepts from anywhere around the world.

-We are closer than ever to understand the human mind.

So far the body could be understood almost completely, yet the mind remains a mystery in many aspects, but slowly its secrets are being deciphered and with it, many possibilities open up for us, not only in the medical field, but also in the self improvement area. There’s so much more we can do now when more is understood and discovered everyday.

-We “could” create the necessary changes for a definite contact with races from other planets (Yes, I do believe in Aliens, I am one, remember?)

A tough one considering the mentality change required among so many people, yet the possibility exist now thanks to the technology that would allows us to finish with the problems of poverty and injustice around the world and the communication systems that can allows us to finally connect as a one race. I know, all we need to do now is convince each other and that’s where we get stuck, but at least we do have the opportunity which, as a race, we didn’t have before in history, and if we do the homework we will meet the requirements for the contact.

-There are so many more things to consider but just a short view to some of them can give us a good idea of the great times we live in, so for the above reasons, I do believe we are very lucky people!   :)

This entry was posted in Thoughts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The Lucky Ones!

1. Raul,

I agree we are one lucky generation. Zenguy often says we are lucky as we feel and I think he is right.

Rightnow, I am so crazy busy with life, teaching and kids, I still I am lot luckier than many people. I was starting feel bogged down, your post came at right time, once again for me. It is simply amazing, how it works right? This goes to show, I am lucky one to be a reader here.
    Preeti @ Heart and Mind´s last post ..What if you had Golden Touch

Hi Preeti,

I’m glad to hear that this post can help you feel better in your stressed out daily life; I hope you are enjoying every minute of your many activities so in that case, even if is exhausting, still is fulfilling :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Paralel Universe

2. Kelvin Kao says:

This is indeed a very interesting time to be in! Lots of changes going on rapidly in this world. When I was little (in Taiwan), there was no cell phone, no cable TV, heck, there is not even broccoli!
    Kelvin Kao´s last post ..New Business Cards

Hi Kelvin,

It is kind of difficult to keep up with the so many changes happening everyday, yet it makes life very interesting with always something new to deal with. Now I fear at some point the world will be ruled by Broccoli rather than the new world order!

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Paralel Universe

3. We are fortunate. At no other time in history have we been able to obtain the information and knowledge that we can today. We have the opportunities to explore and appreciate the difference that we each bring to the table – and to share ourselves with one another in many different forms.
    The changes you note are interesting… This is a topic that is quite deep or with much depth.
    The Exception´s last post ..She is the woman Also Known as Hope

Hi The Exception,

So many possibilities available now with the actual technology and it keep increasing everyday! As you said, there’s so much to be happy about…this post mention just a very few of them.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Paralel Universe

4. Eric says:

We are very lucky, you’re right. The way the world has changed around us and how advanced things are becoming right before our own eyes is simply amazing. Who would have thought the world would turn out the way it has? Not many people did I’m sure.

Thanks for sharing something positive about how truly blessed and grateful things actually are in the world. That’s a breath of fresh air.

Although many people had a vague idea where things were going in the future, even for us who experienced the changes can still be in awe at the many surprises the world, technology and society give us everyday.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Paralel Universe

Raul… nice sentiments.

I believe feeling lucky follows each generation. I can imagine that the folk in the roaring twenties were feeling pretty lucky at the invention of the motor vehicle, as opposed to the covered wagons of the late 1800s. What I celebrate is that you are taking the time to appreciate all of these things. That makes you very lucky. :)
    Davina´s last post ..I Survived the 3-Day Novel Contest

You’re right, probably every generation throughout time could feel, and most probably, should feel lucky for what they got that wasn’t before, so it is most a matter of finding the good we have rather that comparing times.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Paralel Universe

Great perspective, Raul. How many times have we heard that the world is a mess and worse than ever? It seems no matter what day in age we are in the world voice will tell us we are doomed. What if we all became convinced that we are the lucky ones?! I would love to see that change.
    rob white´s last post ..Redefine Success… It’s All Results… My Raccoon Experience

I guess somehow people know deep inside that what’s wrong with the world today is not the world but the people who makes it, and that’s why so many are searching for answers inside now rather than in the outside. As you mention, things could be so different and so much better :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Paralel Universe

We are *lucky* indeed. I agree with Davina’s comment..
    I feel *lucky* every day, and my life is quite minimalist so it’s not filled with all of the trappings of current society..although it could be…I am lucky to have that choice–along with all of the other choices available to me.. I bless my children by passing the option to choose to them as well..
    Joy´s last post ..Wednesday Wisdom- Fierceness…

Perhaps the biggest element today that makes this time so interesting, beside technology and everything else, is “Choice” Never before there were so many choices in every aspect of life as they are today and with it we can continually steer our lives in almost any direction we desire; something that wasn’t available before, not even to our parents!

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Paralel Universe

8. Walter says:

Perhaps our generation is advance but it is all superficial. For the heart of man still remains throughout time. Our only advantage is convenience. What we think is close is but another puzzle. :-)
    Walter´s last post ..What do you think makes a person powerful

Hi Walter,

When thinking of technology, yes we have many conveniences that have nothing to do with mind growth…we are still the same people.

The advantage we have now that makes us so lucky is the opportunities we now have to change our minds and vision of our surroundings, which allow us to grow easier and faster than ever before.

We have the opportunity…the choice is ours :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Parallel Universe

9. We are lucky indeed. This is a great time to be on this planet experiencing a life of technological growth and human advancement. Things have changed more rapidly during the last 100 years than they have in all the time leading up to that point. It’s quite amazing to be here and be a part of this.
    Eric | Eden Journal´s last post ..Assess-Decide-Do- Natural Productivity by Dragos Roua

Yes, we have so many options and opportunities to learn and experience life to the fullest, like has never been possible before. As you mention, a great time to be on this planet :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Parallel Universe

10. Your Hermana says:

We are closer to understand the human mind. Yes, indeed. Tell me if they find where “common sense” went…

Common sense is how you use your mind, not how it is constructed, which is what scientist are investigating.

It’ll be understood how the human brain works, but there’ll be always people who still refuses to use it properly, or to use it at all!

Freedom of choice I guess :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Living Without a God