People’s Dreams

Some people dream of becoming a balanced human being; some people dream of becoming wealthy and popular, some people dream of becoming powerful and respected; I dream of becoming a concrete wall!

I know…I tend to dream big.

What can I say, in my concepts if we don’t go for the big one then we are just wasting time, so naturally my dreams are for what I consider the best results of a well used life.

So many times I’ve seen people trying and struggling to reach the societal considered “success” of becoming wealthy and living the life of the rich and famous.

So many times I’ve seen people trying and struggling to reach inner peace, balance with nature and positiveness that promote the increasing movement of self growth we can see nowadays.

I just want to be a concrete wall!

I can see your faces of envy because you didn’t see the grandness of this project of mine before I did, so now, in case you decided to change lifetime projects, you will have to settle for becoming just a follower instead of the creator of the movement. Sorry!

And for the few of you who don’t know what I’m talking about, let me explain.

“Reaching a point where I can be a silent, quiet being, standing there living and enjoying my life without hurting anybody with my existence”

“Provide shelter from the sun and wind of life to those in need”

“Becoming a place to rest for those tired and in search of peace and calm”

“Being strong without the need or desire to show it and if someone attacks me, physically, emotionally or intellectually, they will only hurt themselves when clashing with the quiet strength of a concrete wall”

(If you throw a punch or scream to a concrete wall, you only hurt or make a fool of yourself, while the wall stands there quietly, without the need of doing anything)

Figuratively of course!

I know it’ll take time and effort to reach my desired goal, but I’ll keep going until I reach it or die…whichever comes first!  :)

This entry was posted in Thoughts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to People’s Dreams

That is a noble aspiration, Raul. Going through life with a quiet confidence is a show of peace and wisdom. I love your metaphor.
    rob white´s last post ..The Only Two Things You Need to Overcome Negative Influences

Personally I believe the key is quiet confidence; something many aspire to, but very few really have.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..People’s Dreams

2. Raul: I completely agree with you that we all need to set big goals and then align things in our life in a way that we can successfully accomplish our goals. I believe when we are committed and we continually make the right decisions and have the right perspective, we really can put ourselves in a position to accomplish whatever it is we desire. Your commitment and dedication is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
    Sibyl – alternaview´s last post ..How to Not Make the Same Mistakes Over and Over Again

Hi Sibyl,

Thanks, and another part of this is what you mention in your post: Not to make the same mistakes over and over, so we can really move forward instead of in circles.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..People’s Dreams

3. I missed this yesterday as I scrolled through my reader – or perhaps it was just that I was meant to read it right here and right now!
    Whatever the case, I love the image and the metaphor. What an aspiration and one that is achievable regardless of economics and gives without expectation or condition.

Hi The Exception,

Yes, something that can be achieved everywhere and in any economy since it doesn’t depend or be related to material possessions.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..People’s Dreams

4. Sara says:

At first I was one of those who wasn’t sure where you going with this, but I like what you said. I liked how you used the concrete wall as a metaphor for a state of being — calm, peaceful, providing shelter for others while also being strong. Well done!

There’s a concrete wall outside my neighborhood that I usually don’t like, but now I can see differently. I might even call it Raul:~)

Excellent post!!!
    Sara´s last post ..Story Photo- The Book Cover

Not being specific from the beginning where it is going might be interesting for someone who enjoy mystery writing :)

Hey, a concrete wall named after me, that’s nice! Probably not what my parents dreamt for their son’s future, but works for me :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..People’s Dreams

5. Cole Stan says:

That’s what we call determination. Wanting something is very easy, but achieving it can be very difficult to everybody. We must at least invest some time and effort to make everything possible. It’s what we really need.
    Cole Stan´s last post ..Present Culinary Delights With Food Gift Baskets

Hi Cole,

Time and effort…really the key to most dreams.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..People’s Dreams

Cole Stan Reply:

Thanks for your warm welcome in your blog. I really like how you inspired me with your post. No matter what, never give up! Those people who remained strong despite of so many challenges in life will surely get a prize that they deserve. Goodluck in all your endeavors in life!
    Cole Stan´s last post ..Anniversary Gifts for Men – Rock His World with These Romantic Gifts

6. Nacho Jordi says:

I like very much your concrete wall metaphor. It made me think about a Buddhist recommendation for meditation:”you have to be like a dead tree, like cold ashes” (meaning a state of fully awareness, openness to whatever there is, undisturbed by productions of the self).
    I also like the underlying idea – being strong not because one honors strength, but to become a secure shelter for others. Beautiful.
    The only thing I perhaps miss in this imagery is the concept of progress, of growth: a wall is something that does not acquire experience, it does not improve or gets modified by events like alive beings do…
    But of course it’s just a metaphor!
    Thank you for the great post.
    Nacho Jordi´s last post ..The key- if you ask me…

Hi Nacho,

Thanks for stopping by :)

Man, you’re right! What about growth? I guess will have to adapt the metaphor to an “organic” concrete wall, you know, the kind of stuff from sci fi stories.

(and just when I got a concrete wall named after me, damn it!)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..People’s Dreams

7. Marion says:

Hi Raul

I like your concrete wall. I was asked once what I saw myself as – I said a very large oak tree with wide branches to protect others.

I like your concrete wall better because it feels more solid and better able to handle an attack. Also no squirrels in concrete walls! :-)
    Marion´s last post ..Financial freedom- What does your money say about you

Hi Marion,

After Nacho’s insight I guess we’ll have to better go for the oak tree, stand the squirrels and hope we don’t end up becoming tables and chairs!

I like the image of the oak tree with wide branches to protect others, and most people prefer the gentle shadow of a tree rather than the one from a concrete wall :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..People’s Dreams

Raul, your analogy is fantastic. As Rob says, very noble. I’ve shared this on Facebook.

Can I write on your wall, cause I’m a writer :-) What would you like me to write on your wall?
    Davina´s last post ..Stoic &amp The Opening Line

Thank you for your kind words and sharing the post in Facebook :)

Sure you can write in the wall; whatever you want…no Special Challenge here :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..New Categories

9. I think that when you become the concrete wall, you may not require any further growth. It’s your way of achieving oneness, and the growth occurs along your path to becoming the wall.

Thinking briefly about this, I think my goal is to be the wind. I’m not sure why yet, but the idea of it makes me smile.
    Eric | Eden Journal´s last post ..Is a Bucket List a Good Idea

“I think that when you become the concrete wall, you may not require any further growth. It’s your way of achieving oneness, and the growth occurs along your path to becoming the wall”

That’s a good point…although it’ll make the complexion of the goal more complicated since it’ll be the latest stage rather than an ongoing process.

“I think my goal is to be the wind”

Maybe somehow you are already sort of the wind since you go to people and bring them the thoughts and feelings of enlightenment in their quest for knowledge. That’s a noble cause :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..New Categories

10. Your Hermana says:

Have you decided which direction will you be facing? Once you are a wall, you cannot move…So better decide before hand, or you’ll be stuck in the wrong direction…f-o-r-e-v-e-r!

It’s a metaphor, not a physical reality, thus the direction the wall is facing is the same of the one covererd by a sphere :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Living Without a God