Ghosts and Thoughts

While using the Netbook in the kitchen I caught a sudden movement of one of the plants spending time in a corner of the room.

The plant was just standing there when several leaves quickly moved like if being pushed by an invisible hand. No words came out of my mouth but they did form in my mind (what the f…!) then immediately I remembered those videos in YouTube about ghosts…you know, those where someone claims to forgot to turn off the camera and later, when checking the video, found that things moved in the room on their own, then go on to say “you decide” although the title of the video usually is something like “definite proof that ghost exist” (yes, from time to time I like to watch YouTube videos; you can learn something with the video and laugh with the comments)

I don’t believe in ghosts, even though I am one (Alien Ghost remember?) so trying to find an explanation I checked for air currents in the room…none; then I thought: plants grow and we don’t see any movement…being this plant one of those that hang from a basket maybe the leaves grow until they touch with each other, then start applying pressure and then at some point the leaves just “jump” to a new position when the growth has reached a certain point.

Or something like that.

My only experience with ghosts was several years ago back in my country. When my wife’s father died we were living in the US and couldn’t go to the funeral. About a year later we travel and stayed in my wife’s parent’s house

I used to spend lots of time at the living room doing drawings and usually got there up to 3 or 4 in the morning, when everyone was sleeping in the house.

A couple of times I was concentrated in the drawings when I heard steps in front of me and felt the presence of someone just standing there, watching me; I looked up and saw no one else in the room. The way of walking was the same of my wife’s father.

Later, talking with family members, the only other person feeling the presence of this ghost was his wife, the widow.

Why only the two of us? And especially why me one of them? I know he didn’t like me…after all in his eyes I stole his daughter

Disclaimer: I didn’t steal her, I was just passing by minding my own business when she grabbed me and forced me to marry her! (I hope she doesn’t read this) J

I suppose those “encounters” were nothing more that the contraction of the wooden floor with the temperature changes at night.

But those thoughts and memories got me thinking…how many stories and beliefs start with the jump into a conclusion without the search for a more logical explanation?

Do you believe in ghosts? Do you have a story to share with us in the comment section? Maybe after several different stories and approaches we can come to a different conclusion. Please share with us your memories.

This entry was posted in Thoughts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Ghosts and Thoughts

1. Ah ghosts… Shortly after my grandmother died I thought I felt her in the room with my infant daughter, playing. Perhaps it was the case; Perhaps it was just my wanting my grandmother to have had the chance to truly meet my daughter – a child that she would have adored.
    The Exception´s last post ..Waiting to Exhale

Hi The Exception,

Who knows for sure; maybe sometimes we want to believe its real, maybe it is real and we just can’t prove it.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Ghosts and Thoughts

2. Patricia says:

My Father took a year to die, after it was discovered that his body was full of cancer – everywhere. One day fine, then big cough – then a year of dying. When he realized he could not stop the progression he joined the Hospice group care so that my mum would not be too tired. I had an infant daughter, and every other night we would drive the long drive to the care center for a short visit.

One night we were about 15 minutes later than usual and as I walked the long hall to the center wing, daughter in my arms and fussy, suddenly I had to stop as we were bathed in warmth and my child just lay her head on my shoulder and giggled and cooed. We just stood there for a long time which was maybe about 5 minutes and all the people passing by just went around us – unconcerned. When the warmth went away, we proceeded to his room, where my aunt, uncle and mum were waiting for us to tell us he had passed away just after we had driven away from our house (no cellphones). I have decided that my Father’s spirit waited in the hall for us to arrive and tickled my child’s chin as his usual greeting and gave us a hug to say goodbye. It was very peaceful and very warm.

That is my only ghostly story, but it is a treasure or lovely myth.

Oh how I worried though as a teenager babysitting until 2 or 3 in the morning…every noise and creak in those mansions and houses…I was sure….?

Hi Patricia,

That’s a beautiful memory to keep, no doubt! There are so many things and stories that makes us think there must be something, even if there’s no proof we could show.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story with us :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Ghosts and Thoughts

Raul, I believe in some pretty way out things, but I guess ghosts ain’t one of ‘em. Well, not most of the time anyway. Only when I’m alone, like now… ;)

I’m looking over my shoulder for some reason. :P

Don’t worry for what’s behind you; it’s just my cousin…Dino Ghost :)

That’s interesting what you mention “only when I’m alone” since I believe it is a pretty common thing among people, so maybe our imagination works overtime when having the chance of take in every noise around in a silent room.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Ghosts and Thoughts

4. Raul: Interesting post. I am sure your wife tells the story of how you met and got together the exact same way :) Ghosts huh? I will have to really think about that one. What I can say though for sure is that there are definitely things that happen that seem to suggest someone or something else being present. Interesting question and post.
    Sibyl – alternaview´s last post ..30 Traits of a Pleasant Person … Are you Pleasant

Hi Sibyl,

Well…a trend is starting to form already. It seems so far the most common belief would be that there is something we cannot understand that might or might not be ghosts, and those beliefs are born out of possible imagination and stories that have no other explanation than ghosts.

This is becoming interesting :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Ghosts and Thoughts

That is interesting. There is so much out there I just think we can’t understand about the universe. I tend to believe that energy can exist out there and show up in mysterious ways… in this case we label it a “Ghost.” If we trust that these forces are working for us then inevitably they will.
    rob white´s last post ..How to Vanish Tension in These Tough Times

Existing energies and personal beliefs.

Maybe the base for different possibilities and opinions that can form depending on the situations and the people involved in them.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Out of Town

6. Raul,

I really like diverse topics you write here about here.

This is very intriguing story that you share. Do I believe in ghost? I am not sure but I have felt presence of my grandmother who passed away years ago! I was very close and sad to see her pass on. I sometimes feel my grandfather too, and others too.

Maybe your Father in law sees how you take care of his daughter so you could felt his presence. I am guessing.
    Preeti @ Heart and Mind´s last post ..Wisdom gained from our camping trip

Hi Preeti,

It seems you are a very sensitive person when it comes to extra sensorial perception since you’ve been able to feel the presence of several people, although I imagine not all at the same time but in different occasions.

If I could feel the presence of my father in law because he’s watching how I care for his daughter, then I must assume he is happy since it was a non violent feeling :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Ghosts and Thoughts

I believe in spirits…and I believe in Angels..and I believe just as on earth there is opposite of good, then in the spirit world there is opposite of good as well.. I don’t believe it’s something to play with–kids with ouiji boards, tarot cards, etc…
    I believe the entire Universe is energy, and with my heart fully open, I Know I can call upon my relatives and loved ones who have passed on, or my friends relatives and loved ones who have passed on..to assist me/us in guidance and protection..I also believe there are many people who misuse the trust of others and are ‘fake’ and that Hollywood and the movie industry has lots of fun with this because people are so unsure..
    So, I believe fully..and my stories of assistance are many because my heart is open to it..
    Joy´s last post ..Wednesday Wisdom- The Power and Magic of Words

You make a great point Joy. Because of so many movies and commercialism in general, the real situation can be lost by confusing facts and fiction by people unaware, unsure or simply those who don’t really care.

I don’t think a serious study and analysis has been made since there’s so many people trying to use the subject as a way to make themselves money or fame, so its easy to get biased information instead of a realistic approach to the many situations that do exist.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Out of Town

I’ve had a number of paranormal experiences so I don’t need any convincing. I know was not hallucinating or dreaming. I was wide awake at different times of the day. On a number of occasions, I’ve seen things, heard things and felt things, though I don’t choose to talk about it in detail online. I just accept that it is a reality.
    Davina´s last post ..Butterflies and Glitter

I can understand when you say you prefer not to discuss details online since, as Joy was pointing out, there’s so much misuse of the serious and honest experiences people have. I’m glad to hear that you have a clear opinion about the subject :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Out of Town

9. Your Hermana says:

Hee hee! Alien Ghost faithful readers. I’ll tell you the truth: Raul’s wife din’t grab him and force him to marry her. She paid my mom a dowry of three avocados. And that was it! Sold! That’s the truth!!! I swear :)

You are confused…the three avocados was a “non returnable deposit” and to avoid loosing the investment she remains with me :)
    Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Living Without a God