Role Reversal (Guest Post)

Guest posts seems to be the way to go these days, so to not get behind, I asked my good friend Mr. Rabbit to write something for this blog. Please let’s give a nice welcome to Mr. Rabbit.

Thank you, thank you! I’m happy to be here today and have the opportunity to talk about some issues that might not be considered as they should.

As Raul has mentioned before in another post, the exponential growth in housing for the past several years in the area where he works and I live, the rabbit population has experienced an out of control growth that creates a problem.

ROLE REVERSAL

With the past construction boom that lead to indiscriminate housing expansion for the past ten years, the natural habitat of rabbits, foxes, coyotes and wolves have been completely transformed into fancy neighborhoods occupied by big houses, expensive cars and well cared lawns.

Because of this, foxes, coyotes and wolves have suffered the indignity of being expelled from their natural habitat and rabbits, being such small and silent creatures, had the opportunity of uncontrolled multiplication since just a small, thick bush will provide enough shelter from weather and now the inexistent natural depredators.

At the other hand, many people, after experiencing a comfortable financial situation, have moved to these new areas of fancy houses that attempt to resemble the place for the “Rich and Famous”, but with the economic fall and the imposed burden by the reduction in jobs and salaries, these same people have found themselves in the position of having to literally abandon their dream homes to go back to their already forgotten original financial and social situation or simply remain with the remote hopes that things will improve in the future, but forced to survive in the meantime in a precarious financial situation.

The result is by now we have people who are scared of their future while rabbits seem to be loosing the old fear to human beings. Because of this situation, rabbits have taken the streets to spend their time mostly loitering with complete abandonment of careful planning and continuous precautions about what the dangers are for their particular specie.

At the other hand, people seems to be scared of even venturing outside their homes by the continuous fear of finding themselves in the presence of a neighbor that might ask them “How are you doing” and not having a good answer to such terrible question.

So it seems roles, slowly but surely, have started to invert between people and rabbits and now we have fancy neighborhoods with scared people and pretentious rabbits that have started deadly games among them like running in front and across of a passing car as to prove their might. Sadly, the rate of successful attempts is just of 15 % (squash!)

Because of these situations, rabbits show signs of urgent psychological help to prevent these suicidal games that, not only are changing their natural behavior, but also generate the destruction of fancy make up work by the ladies driving sport utilities that cannot help but make a face of disgust (eww!)

It becomes imperative then that the proper roles assigned by Mother Nature to its creatures be restored, so we can have people that don’t live in fear and rabbits that recover their natural survival instinct as the way it should be.

Thank you for your time.

Mr Rabbit

Mr. Rabbit works as a counselor and therapist for highly stressed rabbits that require assistance in adapting to a fast changing world. Right now he is in the process of starting a blog to document his discoveries in the field of rabbit psychology, as soon as he can get around the problem of typing without fingers; for that reason no email address is available at this time.

To contact Mr. Rabbit please send written letters to: Bush #7, West Side Park, Centennial, CO. 80016

This entry was posted in Entertainment and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Role Reversal (Guest Post)

Mr rabbit,
    Thank you for sharing..Very insightful..
    I love the conclusion: “so we can have people that don’t live in fear and rabbits that recover their natural survival instinct as the way it should be.”…I shall send my butterflies and glitter over so that all will be as it should be..May people allow their hearts to be open and learn from rabbits who allow nature to guide…and may rabbits learn from people that you may emrabce life to the extreme but running in front of cars is not an adventure!
    Joy´s last post ..Fearless Fun Friday- Break a Barrier…

Yes please, a little help is always welcome :)
    And definitely people should learn from rabbits not to mess mith Mother Nature.

Mr. Rabbit.
    Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

2. Rose says:

Mr rabbit, I enjoy your insightful post. I fear your long lost relatives up here in Canada are being driven out of their homes by new housing development.

Hi Rose,

It is happening everywhere! Hopes that good sense remains with them :)

Mr. Rabbit
    Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

3. Sara Healy says:

Raul — Thank you for introducing us to Mr. Rabbit. He looks a lot like the Rabbit family in my backyard. I wonder if they might be related?

Mr. Rabbit,

You made some excellent points in this post. I liked what you said about people becoming scared to go outside and meet their neighbors, while rabbits become less scared, using streets as play places to their detriment.

This is such a sad situation. Obviously,it seems there needs to be a community meeting between all parties.

You sound very up on this subject. Do you think you could bring the parties together? Maybe by meeting and stewing things over, life could be put back to normal.

p.s. I try to remain politically correct. Therefore, I am sorry for using the word “stew,” I really meant “talking.” Good luck with this:~)
    Sara Healy´s last post ..Story Photo- Is it the Same

Maybe they are related, but I hope those in your backyard are not “loosing it” like the ones in this area.

—————————

My Dear,

Your suggestion seems very appropriate in the situation both parties are going through at this time, although the “wording” in some aspects becomes scary for even the ones that already forgot common sense.

Nevertheless, point has been taken and a proposal shall follow.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Mr. Rabbit
    Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

Mr. Rabbit, you seem to be quite an intelligent and articulate fellow. Have you thought of going the talk show route in order to highlight the problems of human and rabbit cohabitation? I’ve heard that Oprah likes cute, fluffy rabbits, so that might be a good first port of call…

Have a think about it. Your message is a dramatically important one! :)

Sir,

Your suggestion shall be considered, although for a small creature like me transportation facilities haven’t been yet created, unless you are thinking of small cages, in which case I shall pass the opportunity.

Still, thank you for your comment and suggestion.

Mr. Rabbit
    Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

5. Ha! This is good stuff Raul. I had to check the end of the post to see if Mr. Rabbit was a real person; you never can tell these days.

With the downturn, our rabbits around here have had a reprieve from the constant building of the last decade. We have our own Mr. Rabbit and a Mr. Tortoise living in the woods behind our house. They seem to like to eat our grass, so we’re all getting along well. We used to have a fox, but I haven’t seen him in a while.
    Eric | Eden Journal´s last post ..Personal Development Campfire – Open Call

Isn’t it nice to have sort of pets without the complication of taking care of them? I have several rabbits visiting my backyard and we try not to bother them; they are like “free decoration” :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

6. Meredith says:

Poor rabbits — they are getting squished by their loss of natural wariness and caution in this situation. Poor humans — they are getting squeezed by the terrible fury of fate (and I myself am one of them, so I can really sympathize).

Great, creative post, Raul! Er, Mr. Rabbit, I mean. ;)
    Meredith´s last post ..tilt focus- week 31

Hi Meredith,

It is sad that such cute creatures are getting killed, just like it is sad that many people are in the problems of the economics these days.

Maybe a balance will be reached soon and things will be better for both parts :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

Well done, Raul. I enjoy your humor.

You articulate your thought very well Mr. Rabbit. I’m going to introduce a guest post from Mr. Fisher Cat… they are having a resurgence in my neck of the woods.
    rob white´s last post ..Money Matters – It Never Condemns- It Wants to Help

Mr. Fisher Cat…sounds like there’ll be interesting thoughts to hear there!

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

8. Raul,

I am always amazed at what I will find here on your blog! Such a diverse subjects!

It was nice to meet your Mr. Rabbit, apparently he is a great at guest posting! He or you are always welcome to guest post at Heart and Mind!
    Preeti @ Heart and Mind´s last post ..101 changes- Change 6 – Read a book Benefits of reading

Hi Preeti,

Mr. Rabbit seems to be a very eloquent folk, considering he is a rabbit, but again, we never know all the things we can learn from our furry friends.

Thank you for the offer, maybe we should work out something :)

(And Mr. Rabbit)
    Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

9. Kelvin Kao says:

Haha, I love this. I also follow @common_squirrel on Twitter but he is way less insightful. Really intelligent post, Mr. Rabbit.
    Kelvin Kao´s last post ..A Little of Everything

Mr. Kao,

Thank you for the kind comment, and let me tell you, squirrels spend way too much time climbing trees instead of keeping their feet on the ground, which reflects in their general concepts, opinions and vision of life.

Mr. Rabbit
    Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

10. Marion says:

Raul – what a wonderful sense of humour you have and how well you use it to make some very valid points.

I used to live at the edge of a little town. I was surrounded by fields and often went to visit the rabbits with my dog. Strangely they always seemed to get the better of him.

I still stay in the same house but the town has expanded into the fields and now the rabbits come and visit me – and as my vegetable garden can testify – Mr Rabbit’s relatives are still coming out on top!
    Marion´s last post ..What is Reality

Hi Marion,

So it seems rabbits in your area have started the custom of going “Downtown” to “Marion’s cafe” for some healthy food and friendly chat.

Isn’t it nice? Well, except for your vegetable garden.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

Marion Reply:

If you put it like that ….. I suppose I could go did them a few carrots :-)
    Marion´s last post ..What is Reality

11. Raul: You had me smiling and laughing again. What a great post you have here from Mr. Rabbit. I know you are honored to have such a wise and insightful guest post.

Great Job Mr. Rabbit. Really liked this one. Can’t see what you have coming next.

Hi Sibyl,

I’m glad you had a good time reading this post and definitely Mr. Rabbit is a very special…well…rabbit :)

——————————–

My Dear Sibyl,

Thank you for your kind comment; as for future posts, that’s a matter of reaching an agreement with Raul about my fees, so we shall see what will it be.

Sincerely