The Problem With Life

Just for the fun of it!

Have you felt sometimes like something is wrong about life? Like things are out of place? Not in the way they should be? Well, I discovered the problem!

We are born the wrong way! We should be born old people and die as a baby.

Let me explain:

We should be born as an old person, with all the experience and knowledge of a lifetime accumulated, having a pension already so parents wont have to worry about our sustenance.

With that experience and knowledge, we would know exactly what we want from life and what to do with it, so there’ll be no wasting time learning and searching for “what to do with ourselves”

As time goes by we would grow stronger so accomplishing the required tasks to achieve our dreams would be easier and easier.

After the first ten years of our lives we would be already in the right track to reach our biggest accomplishments and become famous and filthy rich.

As time keeps going by we will become younger, stronger and handsome, plus the already earned fame and riches, so we would be able to enjoy all that fame and money in a young, strong body and simply blow out all our riches in parties, drugs and fun.

By the end of our lives we would be cute, little babies and our parents will take care of us (no need for nursing homes) and at the moment of our death everybody would cry from their hearts (who doesn’t lament the departure of a cute baby?)

So there you have it! We are born the wrong way and that’s why things seem to be upside down in this life.

Just kidding!  :)

This entry was posted in Entertainment and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to The Problem With Life

That’s a good one Raul :)

For the past 10 years I’ve started counting backwards when I have a birthday… it’s actually a great way to train my mind and body to radiate health and youth.
    rob white´s last post ..The Ultimate Money Secret But It’s Not Just About Money

Counting backwards to feel younger every year! I like that :)

Personally I believe that as long as we have projects and hopes we don’t get old; only when we stop trying, then we do.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..The Problem With Life

Ah, like the movie “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”…I like your idea, but I’m glad I live upside down..each day is full of adventure and learning is part of the fun:) Maybe the world needs to shift to acoommodate *us*…*grin*
    Joy´s last post ..Wednesday Wisdom- Unfolding…

I haven’t seen that movie yet so will rent it asap.

Don’t worry, the majority (everyone) is living “upside down” so it OK. As you mention, everyday is another opportunity to learn and enjoy life as it comes :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..The Problem With Life

3. Sara Healy says:

Raul — I like this post…every word of it:~) What a creative mind you have!

Your post also made me think of Merlyn in T.H. White’s book, “The Once and Future King.” In his take on King Arthur, Merlyn is living backwards in time. This was one of my favorite books!!!
    Sara Healy´s last post ..Poem Work- How to Write Haiku

I’ll have to check the book…sound intriguing!

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..The Problem With Life

4. Ha ha! Yes! Great idea!
    I liked Rob’s idea, too, to start counting backwards.
    I’m staring down the big “Four Oh” this year and I’m already coming up with ideas to start going backwards.

Also, it’d sure help a lot to be able to have high earning potential in our youth to be more financially secure as we age. I like that idea, too.

Another fun post, Raul. Keep ‘em coming!
    ~xo
    P.S. Hi Sara and Joy!
    Lori (JaneBeNimble)´s last post ..RAOKA- Trust

Raul Reply:

Hi Lori,

Nowadays is not strange to reach close to 90 years old (my father is 87) so you are not even half way yet!

And you got it wrong about money; the idea is to “blow” it all and not have to save it; we will be babies remember? :)

Thanks for stopping by :)

5. Cool thought Raul. If we aged backwards though, would it be our kids that take care of us as babies instead of our parents? It would be funny to see married people as little kids and then as babies.
    Eric | Eden Journal´s last post ..RAOKA – Trust

Well, people, especially older women love to see little children dressed up as adults, they find them “so cute” so maybe it wouldn’t look so strange after all.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..The Problem With Life

6. Raul,

Going backward sounds interesting but how would we gain experiences through out the life that makes us wiser? Maybe then babies would be more smarter and wiser!

Like joy said, watch “Benjamin Button”, it is similar to your post idea!
    Preeti @ Heart and Mind´s last post ..Heart and Mind does Blogging Report – What not to do

Hi Preeti,

Being born older we bring the experience with us and loose it as we age, that’s why we would know exactly what to do when newborn and will party like mad when close to die, only we will have tons of money that we don’t know how to generate normally.

This is just an exercise in seeing possibilities in an illogic and impossible situation :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..The Problem With Life

Preeti @ Heart and Mind Reply:

I like impossible possibilities in impossible situation. :-) It takes a great imaginative mind to think it!

I like this approach. We should get it written into law or something! Can you imagine how the politicians would try to sell this idea to the voters? “Simplify simplify simplify!” What could be more simple than not having to worry about work or superannuation payouts or taxes and whatnot? As a baby about to die, you get to eat, wail like a banshee, and soil yourself with reckless abandon and with no ill consequences whatsoever! Ahhh, bliss! :P

So the idea could sell, not bad! And it seems you already got a head start in politics :)

You got my vote!

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..The Problem With Life

8. Marion says:

Hi Raul

I like this idea because the older I have become the more I have appreciated life and the simpler it has become. Imagine hitting my twenties again with the attitude to life I have now! Wow

Hi Marion,

The funny thing is that we can do that, if we don’t care much what other people might say.

An older couple holding hands and having fun while being marveled by the sights of nature’s wonders all around.

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..The Problem With Life

9. Your Hermana says:

I heard that “youth is wasted on the young”…So, if we live “backwards”, we will really enjoy life, for we will not have to deal with stupid thoughts as “I’m so fat!”, or “does he love me?”, or worrying about cleaning house and being oh so organized…We can only wish…(sigh!)

Hello my Hermana,

I thought we were getting younger every year, weren’t we?

It’s almost like the dream of living backwards, only we are getting to our “mature” years without the money, fame, strength and beauty, but who need those stupid things anyway! :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..The Problem With Life

10. Meredith says:

Hmm… of course, the question is, with such wisdom under our belts from the get-go, would we even have the “hunger” to try and make ourselves famous and rich? Knowing the wise elders I know, I seriously doubt it. ;) Well, less hunger for fame and money in the world could only be a good thing! I suspect a culture that valued that kind of wisdom would quickly convert itself into a gift culture, where honor and status is earned by giving things away to one’s fellows. In that case, it could be a beautiful thing to live “backwards.”

What a creative mind you have, Raul, always coming up with some original new take on things. I admire the way you are able to open your perspective up to question absolutely everything. :)
    Meredith´s last post ..golden happiness

Hi Meredith,

There goes my dream of becoming filthy rich! Well, you make a great point Meredith, and as you mention, it could only be a better world if the material gains take a second plane in everybody’s life.

Thank you for the insight and the kind comments :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..The Problem With Life

11. Rose says:

Benjamin Button comes to mind Raul.
    Rose´s last post ..The Versatile Blogger Award

Hi Rose,

I’ve got to see that movie!

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

12. Kelvin Kao says:

Oh, that would indeed be a very interesting way to live! I like the idea. (But I am not sure if I would really want to live that way. Hm.)
    Kelvin Kao´s last post ..A Little of Everything

Hi Kelvin,

Well, there’s nothing we can do about it anyway…we are stuck we the way thing go :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Role Reversal Guest Post

What a neat concept. Makes me wonder… we’d know what we had and appreciate it; the experience, that is; knowing we would eventually lose it. Not the same perspective we have while growing up, from my perspective anyway. I couldn’t seem to get enough experience.
    Davina´s last post ..Acts of a Thief and Bishop

That’s an interesting point; knowing we will loose our experience should make it more valuable and maybe even scary; like knowing we will have Alzheimer.

Thanks for the insight :)

Raul Ojeda´s last post ..Our New GOD!